- Vizcachitas Project Site Looking South
Vizcachitas is a copper-molybdenum porphyry deposit in central Chile currently undertaking a pre-feasibility study.
Los Andes Copper Ltd. owns 100% of the Vizcachitas project, one of the largest advanced copper deposits in the Americas.
- Copper, molybdenum and silver porphyry.
- Positive PEA published in June 2019.
- Currently working on Pre-Feasibility Study.
- For the selected PEA case of 110,000 tpd process capacity
- At US$ 3.50/lb Copper
- IRR of 26.7%
- After-Tax NPV @8% of US$ 2.7 billion
- After-Tax NPV @5% of US$ 4.6 billion
- IRR of 26.7%
- At US$ 3.00/lb Copper
- IRR of 20.7%
- After-Tax NPV @8% of US$ 1.8 billion
- After-Tax NPV @5% of US$ 3.2 billion
- Payback period of 3.4 years from initial operations; 5.4 years from initial construction
- 45 year mine life
- 0.47% copper (0.34% copper cut-off), 129ppm molybdenum, 1.3g/t silver average headgrade to mill over first 5 years of operation
- C1 Cash Cost (net of by-product credits) of US$ 1.36/lb for first 8 years of operation; US$ 1.58/lb for LOM
- IRR of 20.7%
- Measured & Indicated Resource of 1,284 million tonnes at a copper grade of 0.40% (0.25% copper cut-off), 141ppm molybdenum and 1.05g/t silver with
- 11.2 billion pounds of copper
- 400 million pounds of molybdenum
- 43.4 million ounces of silver
- Metallurgical test work has indicated high recoveries of clean copper concentrate
- No off-take encumbrances
- PFS targeted for Q4 2022
- Production expected 2025/2026
- Good local and regional infrastructure
- Active social program working with local communities
Qualified Person Statement
Los Andes Copper activities are under the supervision of Mr. Amberg, CGeol FGS, Chief Operating Officer of Los Andes Copper Ltd. Mr. Amberg is a “qualified person” as defined in National Instrument 43-101 Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects (“NI 43-101”). Mr. Amberg has approved the technical information in this presentation. For additional information regarding the Vizcachitas Project, see the technical report titled “Preliminary Economic Assessment of the Vizcachitas Project.”, with an effective date of May 10, 2019 prepared by Tetra Tech Chile S.A. (the “2019 PEA”), a copy of which is available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com under “Los Andes Copper Ltd.”.
Copper equivalent grade has been calculated using the following expression: CuEq (%) = Cu (%) + 3.33 x Mo (%) + 82.6389 x Ag (%), using the metal prices: 3.00 USD/lb Cu, 10.00 USD/lb Mo and 17.00 USD/oz Ag. No allowance for metallurgical recoveries has been considered
1 Note: The Preliminary Economic Assessment is considered preliminary in nature and includes inferred mineral resources that are considered too speculative geologically to have the economic considerations applied to them that would enable them to be categorized as mineral reserves, and there is no certainty that the Preliminary Economic Assessment will be realized. Mineral resources that are not mineral reserves do not have demonstrated economic viability.