R. Michael Jones
Chief Executive Officer and President
- Professional Geological Engineer, proven mine finder and developer
- 30 years of capital markets experience for over $ 2B of financings
- Experience moving projects from discovery to PFS and DFS and construction decision to mine operations
- Fellow of Geological Society of South Africa and Awards for Discovery of the Year
- Extensive Mergers and Acquisitions experience from successful take-over at $ 440m to a hostile defence for $2B Co
- Community and Stakeholder engagement as a leader for mining right grants
Chief Operating Officer
- BAA (Lawyer) University of Chile, LLM, JSD Yale University, MPP Princeton University, with 11 years of experience in the mining sector.
- Worked for BHP (2011-2021) as Vice President of Corporate Affairs for the Americas, VP Ligation (Global), VP Legal Brazil, and VP Legal Copper.
- Experienced professional in the areas of stakeholder management, risk management, crisis management, project management, and commercial and legal affairs.
- Chartered Geologist with 32 years of diverse experience having worked in Asia, Africa and South America.
- Mr. Amberg is a Qualified Person under NI 43-101.
- He has managed various exploration projects ranging from grass roots through to JORC compliant feasibility studies.
- In 2001 he returned to Chile where he started a geological consulting firm specialising in project evaluation and NI 43-101 technical reports.
- Began his career in 1986 working with Anglo American in South Africa before moving on to work for the likes of Severin-Southern Sphere, Bema Gold, Rio Tinto, Kazakhstan Minerals Corporation.
Director of Corporate Affairs and Sustainability
- Lawyer from Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Vast experience in corporate and community affairs
- Prior to Los Andes Ignacio was responsable for community affairs at CMPC, having managed community and stakeholder affairs for a number of its pulp and forestry divisions throughout the country.
- Ignacio has worked for the Government of Chile, in the Ministry General Secretariat of the Presidency. He was responsible for the inter-ministerial coordination of the ChileAtiende project, a multi-service network linking communities, regional governments and public services.”
- Mr. Saldias is a geologist from the Universidad Católica del Norte, Chile.
- Over 35 years of experience working within Chile and internationally.
- He has worked for Antofagasta Minerals from 2007 to 2015.
- Prior to Antofagasta, he worked for ten years with Placer Dome Latin America. He also worked for Codelco as head of exploration geology for the El Salvador Division.
Chief Financial Officer
- Mr. Nijjar holds a CPA CMA designation from the Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia and a BComm from the University of British Columbia.
- He is a Managing Director of Malaspina Consultants Inc.
- Mr. Nijjar has been working with public and private companies for the past 10 years in various role.
- He is also currently the CFO of Darien Business Development Corp. and Clarmin Explorations Inc.
- Mr. Loch is a Certified Accountant with over 30 years of experience with multinational companies.
- Mr. Loch has worked as Regional Financial Officer for the Chilean subsidiary of Mincom International from 1997 to 2010.
- From 1987 to 1997, he worked at Raychem, as Controller for Chile and Peru and prior to Raychem, he was Controller for 7 years at the Chilean subsidiary of Transammonia Inc. (New York).
Manager – Public Affairs
- Mr. Cassi is a sociologist and has a Master’s Degree in Political Communication and Public Affairs.
- He has 10 years of experience in community management.
- He has worked for Esval (water utility) in charge of communities, for Codelco as was Deputy Manager for Community Relations for the Ventanas smelter, and for Kinross Chile as Community Relations Specialist.