Board of Directors
- Mr. Covarrubias has been overseeing the mining interests of Turnbrook Corporation prior to the recent consolidation of ownership of the Vizcachitas project.
- Mr. Covarrubias was a banker with the Chase Manhattan Bank for almost a decade, covering the mining sector in Chile. He was based in New York and Santiago and his responsibilities included project financing, structured finance and mergers and acquisitions transactions.
- Ms. Boone has more than 25 years of experience focused on sustainable business, climate risk, carbon markets and executive leadership.
- Board Chair of the Environmental, Social, and Governance Committee
- She is also: Board Chair of the Canadian Energy Research Institute (CERI), on the Board of Efficiency One, and CEO of the boutique consultancy Climate and Sustainable Innovation.
- She formerly held the role of Managing Director of Hatch’s Environmental Services Group, and Managing Director of CantorCO2e, a Cantor Fitzgerald subsidiary.
- A Certified Corporate Director and holds a Master of Environmental Studies from York University and a Bachelor of Arts from St. Thomas University.
- Mr. Gilman is a mining engineer who has more than 30 years of experience as a deal maker in the metals and mining sector.
- Chairman and CEO of Queens Road Capital
- Founder of CIBC Global Mining team in Toronto in 1988
- Served as an advisor to largest mining companies around the world: BHP, Rio Tinto and many others
- From 2011, Mr. Gilman led CEF Holdings Ltd., a global mining investment company, owned 50% by CIBC and 50% by CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd.
- Mr. O’Kelly is a graduate of the Royal School of Mines, London.
- He has worked in metalliferous mining throughout the Americas, having previously being employed by Exxon, Anaconda and Rosario Mining Co.
- He also has served as an officer of JP Morgan and a partner of Elders Finance and acted in the capacity of a director of Glamis Gold, Alamos Gold, Northgate, Campbell Mines and Rayrock Resources.
- Mr O’Kelly currently is an independent financial and technical consultant based in Santiago Chile.
- Mr. Miquel has experience working in international investment banking since 1990.
- He has been Country Head for Chile, Peru and Colombia for Societe Generale, Director for Sudameris (Intesa BCI Group), and Country Head for Venezuela and Chile for BNP Paribas.
- During the last 15 years, Mr. Miquel has been working in structuring, negotiating and distributing some of the major transactions in the energy and mining sectors, for multinational and local groups and governments, in South America.
- Mr. Covarrubas is an entrepreneur, founder and CEO of Hand, a moving and transportation services company.
- Prior to Hand, he worked with Acfin, the largest master servicer for asset-backed securities in Chile and a leading player in the Mexican market. Prior to Acfin, he worked with Australia Trade Commission expanding and promoting Australian business interests in Chile.
- Mr. Covarrubias began his career in the agri-business sector working with the Conosur winery and Chiquita brands.